Free AGT400 Software Update!
As we have done many times over the years, we are once again releasing a software update to improve upon the AGT400. As always, this software update is free of charge to our customers and will be installed during a normal semi-annual service visit. We are in the final stages of testing our latest release and customers can expect installations to begin sometime in the first quarter of 2011!
Like most updates, many of the changes are not going to be visible as they are behind the scenes. Below are a few of the changes made in version 3.34.
[fancy_list style=”circle_arrow” variation=”teal”]
- Added individual slit report capability for gauges with oscillating c-frames. The AGT400 now has the capability to create individual coil reports for up to 35 slits per coil (see other side for more details).
- Added the ability to create PDF versions of the coil slit reports with the optional Offline Data Analysis program.
- Added options on the Report Setup screen to include Run Time and Clock Time to the Shift Summary Report.
- Changed the Shift Summary Report printout to landscape format for better viewing of the additional fields.
- Enhanced security by updating drivers for USB security keys.
- Reversed the data field in the Data Recall screen to display the newest coils first.
- Added an error message that warns users if the open beam voltage is too low in order to prevent an inadvertent ISOcheck™ and/or ISOcal™ procedure.
- Added logic to prevent calibrations if the gauge is in test mode. This will warn users that the test switch is triggered and will not allow an ISOcheck™, ISOcal™ or manual calibration.
In addition to the above changes, we’ve recently started using Windows 7® in place of Windows XP® on all new gauges. By moving to this new platform, it ensures that A.G.T. will remain at the forefront of the thickness gauging world.
Gauges utilizing older Windows® platforms will continue to function as they always have, but some features, such as the slit coil feature, will only be available on gauges using Windows XP® or Windows 7®. If you have a gauge operating on Windows 95® or Windows 98®, and think you may be interested in some or all of the available features, please give us a call and allow us to quote a new computer and/or operating system upgrade.
Slit Coil Data Now Available!
As mentioned earlier, the AGT400 will have the ability to create separate coil reports for each slit of a coil. If equipped with an oscillating C-frame, enabled, and on a Windows XP® or Windows 7® operating system, the gauge can be set up to approximately record each individual slit. In the simplest terms, we are able to estimate the location of the heads throughout a coil based upon the time it takes for the C-frame to traverse the coil width. This allows us to then assign each specific portion of the coil to the predesignated slit (up to 35 slits). Once the coil has been completed, the individual reports can be retrieved as usual, either at the AGT400 or by using our Offline Data Analysis. Below is an example of the Coil Reports using the slit coil feature. Please see our website for more detailed photos.