Software Update ver 3.11
As we have done many times over the years, we are once again releasing a software update to improve upon the AGT400. Our last update focused primarily on switching our gauging platform over to WindowsXP®. During that time, several other improvements were made, but were not released. This was due to the magnitude of what the platform change took, and we wanted to ‘do it the right way’.
Since we didn’t release these improvements with our last version of software, it didn’t take us long to get them ready for our current release. As always, many of the changes are not going to be visible as they are behind the scenes and the update is free! Below are a few of the changes made in version 3.11. Let us know what you think.
[fancy_list style=”circle_arrow” variation=”teal”]
- Safety Feature: new logic has been added to the shutter switch check that will cause the Green Lamp to flash when the shutter fails to close and the Red Lamp to flash when the shutter fails to open.
- Severity code logic and reporting has been added for those who wish a more detailed defect menu reporting.
- The ability to add a touch screen on WindowsXP® based gauges.
- Changed the order of reports so that comments are located after the defect menu results.
- Changed the comment spacing on the printouts for a more uniform presentation.
- Improved the AGT400 logo on newer gauges, thus taking advantage of newer technology for a more appealing display.
- Modified the output for offline reporting so that the .pdf files now contain the comments and defects.
- Renamed the Zip drive to Zip/USB on data recall screen. All new gauges now have USB backup storage.
We hope you enjoy these new features and we want everyone to know that we are always striving to improve. As a matter of fact, look for another software update soon as we are already well into our next AGT400 software upgrade!
Here at Advanced Gauging Technologies, we promote from within whenever possible. As we continue to expand, the requirement to take on further duties is even greater for each person involved.
In October of 2007, Chad Weese, just passing his six year mark with A.G.T., was promoted from Field Service Engineer to Operations Manager. While still responsible for the occasional semi-annual visit, service trip, telephone trouble-shooting call, or AGT400 startup, Chad’s duties have expanded to primarily include: inside sales, outside sales, marketing, managing daily operations, planning, personnel, and administration among the many other various things. Congratulations to Chad on his new position!
DMC Upgrades Available!
We are pleased to announce that we now have the ability to upgrade the DMC-410, DMC-450, and the RM-206. Having been thoroughly tested in house for several months, our first DMC upgrade gauge will be in the field soon!